Music enriches the daily round of worship for every Cathedral in this country, including here at Exeter Cathedral.
At Evensong each day, weekly at the Sunday morning Choral Eucharist, and at countless other special occasions throughout the year, the Cathedral Choir and music team continue to play their part in an ancient tradition that dates back for hundreds of years.
Without financial support from the Music Foundation Trust there would be no music at Exeter Cathedral.
The Music Foundation Trust has contributed to the costs of providing Cathedral music and everything associated with it for 30 years since it was founded in 1987. The Trust helps to fund:
- Salaries for the Director of Music and the Assistant Director of Music (who lead the training of the Cathedral Choir and playing the organ, respectively)
- Scholarships for Choristers, Choral Scholars and Organ Scholars
- Robes and sheet music
- Maintenance of the historic Cathedral Organs.
- Choral outreach work in Devon and further afield.
The annual cost of providing these music services in 2016 was £292,553. The Trust donated £125,000 to the Cathedral, and increased this amount to £145,000 in 2017.
How you can help
- Purchase tickets and programmes for organ recitals and concerts
- Become a Patron of Music at Exeter Cathedral
- Sponsor an anthem or a Cathedral concert
- Contribute to the cost of commissioning new music for the Cathedral Choir.
- Sponsor an organ scholarship or choral scholarship
- Consider leaving a legacy or making a donation.
Contact Gerald Sturtridge on 07885 307295 or by email for more information.
The Exeter Cathedral Music Foundation Trust is a Registered Charity (No. 297365)