Visit Exeter Cathedral and discover a thousand years of inspiration.
Lift your gaze to the world’s longest uninterrupted Gothic stone vaulted cathedral ceiling. Discover Scott’s sledging flag from the legendary British Antarctic Expedition. Marvel at the medieval astronomical clock. With a thousand years of history, stunning architecture, unique treasures, musical and spiritual heritage, you’ll feel inspired from the moment you step inside Exeter Cathedral.
Awarded Trip Advisor’s Travellers’ Choice and ranked #1 attraction in Exeter.*
Pay on the day and enjoy the splendour of Exeter Cathedral.
We no longer require visitors to book in advance. Nevertheless, with limited numbers available, if you’re interested in attending one of our guided tours, please follow the links below to guarantee your space.
Click here for information about the Cathedral introductory ground floor guided tour.
A range of ‘Special Tours’ are also available, click here for current information.
PLEASE NOTE THE TICKET PRICE OF ALL TOURS INCLUDES ADMISSION.
What You Need to Know When You Come to Visit Us
- When you enter Exeter Cathedral, a member of our team will be there to greet you.
- The NHS Test and Trace QR code will be available should you wish to use it.
Keeping Yourself and Others Safe
- You will be encouraged to sanitise your hands upon arrival.
- Mask wearing is optional.
- We are currently operating a one-way system inside the Cathedral; please follow all way marker signage.
- Our toilet facilities will be open. Speak to a member of our Entry Desk team for directions.
- If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, we kindly ask that you visit another time.
- Please follow current Government guidelines. You can check the current guidance here.
- The Cathedral Shop will be open and is located in the heart of the building.
- Ten Fifty, our very own eco-friendly refreshments van, will be ready to serve you on the West Front Apron.
*Trip Advisor ranking 11 May 2021