Visit Exeter Cathedral and discover a thousand years of inspiration.
Lift your gaze to the world’s longest uninterrupted Gothic stone vaulted cathedral ceiling. Discover Scott’s sledging flag from the legendary British Antarctic Expedition. Marvel at the medieval astronomical clock. With a thousand years of history, stunning architecture, unique treasures, musical and spiritual heritage, you’ll feel inspired from the moment you step inside Exeter Cathedral.
Awarded Trip Advisor’s Travellers’ Choice and ranked #1 attraction in Exeter.*
Advance booking isn’t essential, but if you want to guarantee your admission time, you can book here:
Click here for information about the Cathedral introductory ground floor guided tour.
A range of ‘Special Tours’ are also available, click here for current information.
PLEASE NOTE THE TICKET PRICE OF ALL TOURS INCLUDES ADMISSION.
What You Need to Know When You Come to Visit Us
- When you enter Exeter Cathedral, a member of our team will be there to greet you.
- Test and Trace will be operation. You can either provide your details to a member of staff or use the QR code available.
- You may need to queue outside depending on how busy we are.
Keeping Yourself and Others Safe
- You will have to sanitise your hands on your way into the Cathedral.
- You’ll need to wear a face-covering at all times (unless you are exempt).
- Remember to keep a safe distance from other visitors, staff and volunteers. To help with this, we’re currently operating a one-way system inside the Cathedral.
- Our toilet facilities will be open. Please speak to a member of our Entry Desk team.
- If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 please visit another time.
- Please follow current Government guidelines. You can check the current guidance here.
- The Cathedral Shop will be open and is located in the heart of the building.
- Ten Fifty, our very own refreshments van, will be ready to serve you on the West Front Apron.
- If you are a UK taxpayer and able to Gift Aid, we would really appreciate it.
*Trip Advisor ranking 11 May 2021