This fascinating behind-the-scenes tour takes you into the roof void high above the Nave, into the south tower, through the spaces in the north tower and onto the roof to enjoy the best views of Exeter (and beyond).
Tours usually take place on selected Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from July to November or at other times (for groups of 6 or more) by appointment.
Adults £14, Children 8-18 £10 (Not suitable for children under 8 years old. Please see below).
Numbers are strictly limited, and most visitors book early to avoid disappointment. Telephone 01392 285983 or book online.
Terms and conditions
- The minimum age for any person visiting the roof space is 8.
- Children aged 8–16yrs must be accompanied by an adult on a 1 to 1 basis.
- If you have a heart complaint or breathing difficulties, or have a phobia or dislike associated with confined spaces, darkness, height or flying birds, this may not be for you.
- The tour could last up to 90 minutes. Bear this in mind when planning an onward journey or paying for your parking.
- Wear suitable clothes and flat-heeled shoes – you will not be allowed into the Roof space if you are wearing flip-flops, sandals or shoes which the guide deems unsuitable. The Guide has final decision as to whether or not to allow you on the tour.
- Access to the top of the North tower maybe affected by adverse weather conditions and/or essential maintenance works