This is a very special tour which takes you into the roof void high above the Nave, through the spaces in the North Tower and onto the roof to enjoy the best views of Exeter (and beyond).
The tour finishes with a very rare opportunity to spend time with members of the Cathedral Society of Bellringers who will be in action in the ringing chamber in the South Tower.
Dates for January-May 2019
Sunday 20 January 2019 at 13.00
Saturday 16 February 2019 at 16.30
Sunday 17 February 2019 at 13.00
Sunday 17 March 2019 at 13.00
Saturday 18 May 2019 at 16.00
Sunday 19 May 2019 at 13.00
Dates for June-December
Sunday 16 June 2019 at 13.00
Sunday 21 July 2019 at 13.00
Saturday 17 August 2019 at 16.00
Sunday 18 August 2019 at 13.00
Sunday 22 September 2019 at 13.00
Saturday 19 October 2019 at 16.00
Sunday 20 October 2019 at 13.00
Sunday 17 November 2019 at 13.00
Saturday 21 December 2019 at 16.00
Sunday 22 December 2019 at 13.00
£20 per person, available from 01392 285983 (Monday to Friday) or book online. Please read terms and conditions below before making your purchase.
Important – Please read the following terms and conditions.
- Anyone under the age of eight is not permitted on the roof tour. Any child between the ages of eight and sixteen must be accompanied by an adult on a one-to-one basis.
- There are over 100 steps to climb. If you have a heart complaint/breathing difficulties/phobia or dislike of confined spaces, darkness, height or flying birds, you must not take this tour.
- Some tours in the roof space could last up to two hours.
- There are no toilet facilities in the roof space. As soon as the tour starts, you will not be permitted to leave at any point.
- You are required to wear appropriate footwear at all times. High heels, flip flops, stilettos and sandals are not permitted. The guide has the final decision as to whether you are allowed on the tour.
- Due to low ceilings in the roof space and stairwells hard hats, if provided, should be worn at all times unless otherwise stated.
- No backpacks or luggage is permitted on the tour. We have no storage facilities within the Cathedral for you to use.
- Access to the North tower cannot always be guaranteed. Adverse weather conditions or essential maintenance work may prohibit the guide from taking you outside.
- You must follow the guides instructions at all times. Failure to do so could endanger you or other members of the tour.
- The tour is non-refundable after purchase.
- There is a £5 admin fee if you wish to exchange the date of your Roof Tour for another.
- You should be ready 5 minutes before the designated start-time of the tour which will start on time and Visitors are not permitted to join the tour late.
By using this service, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provision of this agreement. In addition, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such service. Any participation in this service will constitute acceptance of this agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the above, please do not use this service.