How do we find balance in our Christian journey? What is the rhythm of living that brings us fullness of life? What does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus? How can I hear and know God’s desire for my life?
This new group, open to anyone, those exploring faith afresh or long committed to the Christian journey, invites people to share together in discovering these things.
Each week we will:
- pray together, using ancient patterns of prayer in a contemporary setting
- hear something about the faith we share or someone’s story of being a disciple of Christ
- have the opportunity to share with each other something of our lives and exploration
This is a safe space for all. No one will be expected to say anything, but everyone will have the opportunity. Everyone will be able to listen and share, without being corrected, advised, or put on the spot. We are encouraging each person to be accountable for their own walk with God rather than for other peoples!
The key material of this group will be the cathedral’s Rhythm of Life, which will be launched on 3 March. But this preview will give an idea of what this group invites people to:
As members of the cathedral community, we commit ourselves to:
– worship with others, pray daily, and read the scriptures regularly
– grow in faith and in love for God, and discern God’s call for our lives
– give of our time, energy, skills, and resources in the service of others
– care for ourselves as beloved children of God and be accountable for living this rhythm of life
This meeting is an experimental group, available initially for six months. It offers a welcome to anyone to turn up to. We envisage that it will gain ‘regulars’ who will become a source of support for each other, but the door will be open for those who wish to call in infrequently or as a one off.
If you would like to ask questions about this group, please contact the Canon Chancellor, Canon Chris Palmer: [email protected] or 07906 249132