The West Wing entrance hall
Approaching the West Wing of the Bishop's Palace
The Cathedral Library & Archives is now open to researchers
We are pleased to announce that following the extensive refurbishment of the West Wing of the Bishop’s Palace, the Cathedral Library & Archives is now open to researchers by appointment.
The Library & Archives have relocated to the ground floor of the West Wing and we are now providing a joint service offering:
· A single point of access to all our library and archive holdings.
· A comfortable reading room for research and quiet study.
· Electrical sockets at each desk for use of laptops.
· A secure, climate-controlled strong room to house our archives and pre-1800 library collections.
Wednesday Reading room closed
We ask you to make an appointment with us in advance:
· To give us an opportunity to discuss your research needs in advance.
· To enable us to prepare any books, manuscripts and other records for your visit.
· To ensure there is sufficient space in the reading room at your preferred time.
Unfortunately, if you haven’t informed us in advance, we cannot guarantee to be able to accommodate your visit.
There will be a professional librarian or archivist on duty during your visit who will be able to provide help and advice, and produce library and archive material for you. However, when planning your visit, it may help you to note that:
· The archivist is usually available Mondays to Thursdays.
· A librarian is usually available Wednesdays to Fridays.
For enquiries and to book an appointment, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01392 421423
Peter Thomas (Librarian)
Stuart Macwilliam (Assistant Librarian)
email@example.com or 01392 421423
Ellie Jones (Archivist)